Bounty Bars (By Ashley Costa)
Raw_Vegan_Refined sugar free
2 cups (200g) Desiccated Coconut
1/3 cup (80ml) Coconut butter
2 Tbsp Coconut oil
1/3 cup (80ml) Coconut cream
2 Tbsp Coconut nectar (Agave Syrup can also be used)
½ cup (60g) Cacao powder
¼ cup (60ml) Melted coconut oil
2 ½ Tbsp Melted cacao butter
2 Tbsp coconut nectar (half the amount if Agave syrup is used)
- Place desiccated coconut, coconut butter and coconut oil into a bowl. Use your fingers to rub mixture together until it resembles breadcrumbs. Mix in coconut cream and coconut nectar or agave syrup.
- Line a 15cm x 15cm container or tin with cling wrap and lightly press mixture into container until it is 2cm thick. Freeze for 30 minutes until firm.
- Remove from freezer and cut into bars to your likening. To create an authentic bounty bar shape, cut off the corners of each bar. Use a palette knife or your hand to smooth sides and corners. Return to freezer to set for a 2 to 3 hours.
- To make chocolate coating, mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Use two forks to dip each bar into chocolate. Gently shake the bar to remove excess chocolate. Place on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Remove bars from fridge and trim of excess chocolate, coat each bar in one more layer of chocolate and refrigerate for 30 minutes until set.
- Remove bars from fridge and if you have any leftover chocolate you can drizzle over bars and sprinkle desiccated coconut on the top.
- Store bars in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. ENJOY….
Check out Ashley Costa’s Instagram account for more yummy ideas.