Banana Nut Granola by Emily Scally
- 2 cups rolled oats (or gluten-free oats to make GF)
- 1 cup of your favourite nuts, seeds or dried fruit
(I used chopped walnuts, almonds, cashews, pistachios and buckwheat kernels)
- 3 Tbsp flaxseeds
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp nut butter of choice
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 ripe spotty bananas (mashed)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, nuts, flaxseeds, chia seeds, nutmeg, cinnamon and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mashed bananas, maple syrup and nut butter until all combined.
- Pour the wet mixture onto the dry mixture and stir with a spoon until there are no dry spots.
- Spread the granola onto the lined oven tray and place into the oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
At the 10 minute mark, toss the granola so it browns evenly.
- Serve with your favourite dairy-free milk or yoghurt, fruit or eat as a yummy crunchy snack.