Peanut Butter Jelly, Buckwheat Pancakes
By Molly Parnell
* 1 cup soy or almond milk
* 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds
* 1 tbsp. vegetable oil, plus extra for grilling
* 1 tsp. vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup spelt flour (or more buckwheat flour, or all-purpose flour)
* 1 tsp. baking powder
* 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1 cup buckwheat flour
– 1/2 frozen berries thawed
– 2 tablespoons chia seeds
– 1/2 tablespoon rice malt syrup
– 2 tablespoons coconut oil
– 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
– 1/2 cup mixed nuts
– 3/4 cup oats
– 1/2 cup flaked coconut
– 1/4 cup mixed seeds (optional)
– Peanut butter (natural)
– A cup of tea
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees
- Combine all the chia jam ingredients and set aside in refrigerator
- Combine all granola ingredients and spread out onto lined baking try, cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown
- To begin pancakes, stir milk, flax seeds, oil and vanilla together in a small bowl.
Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
While wet mixture sits, stir flours, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together in a medium bowl.
Add wet ingredients and stir together until fully blended.
- Lightly oil the bottom of a nonstick skillet and place over medium heat.
When oil is hot, pour 1/4 cup of batter into skillet.
Cook until small bubbles form in the middle, about 3-4 minutes.
Flip and cook about 2 minutes more on opposite side.
Repeat until all batter is used, adding oil to skillet as needed between cakes.
- Layer pancakes with peanut butter, chia jam, and top with banana, coconut yoghurt and granola!