Have you noticed how turmeric is popping up everywhere – even in lattes? Well this is Melbourne after all!
Turmeric has a strong history of traditional use. Indian traditional medicine or Ayurveda* has long recognised the many benefits that are gained from eating (or drinking) turmeric. Modern medicine has now identified Curcumin as the main active ingredient with supplements now abounding to make this powerful antioxidant available.
Both traditional use and modern science confirm consuming turmeric may be useful in the following ways
- helps with digestion
- helps reduce inflammation (and therefor the associated pain)
- helps balance blood sugars, increases sensitivity to insulin
- helps balance cholesterol
- helps with depression and memory
We’ve created a space for you to come and try, share and reconnect, it’s going to be fun so make sure you drop by!
* ‘Ayurveda or Ayurvedic medicine is a system of traditional medicine native to India, which uses a range of treatments, including panchakarma (‘five actions’), yoga, massage, acupuncture and herbal medicine, to encourage health and wellbeing.’